Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blog'n bout My Baby

I have been wanting to start a blog about our lives with Sawyer, especially since we don't live near family. I thought this would be a great way for grandparents, aunts and uncles to see what we have been up to. This little guy is growing fast and we don't want anyone to miss out on all the cool stuff he is doing. 

Sawyer just turned 5 months and each month just gets better. As most of you know, Sawyer was a tough baby! Around 3 months it got better and it continues to do so. However, I think his personality is behind some of the fussiness which is OK because at this point I can handle it. It is no where near what it was. 

As I type this Sawyer is screaming in his crib :) He puts himself to sleep now and sometimes there is crying and sometimes not. If he does cry, it is only for about 10 min at the most and then he is out. Naps are much better and pretty predictable  He is up in the morning about 6:45 am he goes down for his next nap about 8 am. For some reason he does not last long that first stretch of awake time. He will nap 45 min - 1 hr. and then he will go down about 11 am and give me about the same length. His last nap is about 2 pm and he will sleep for 2 hrs! Yes, that's right 2 hrs! Sometimes I have to help him get to the second hour with an extension. But as most of you know, extensions rarely worked but now it happens every time, it's a beautiful thing! He goes down for the night at 6:30-7 pm. Things are finally starting to fall into place and we have a good routine however, it doesn't always go so smoothly. We no longer swaddle him, which I thought would never end!  

His favorite thing right now is the Jumperoo. I think most of you have seen the video. It's nice to have another thing to put him in. He still enjoys the play mat but prefers to sit up. He can sit up unassisted for a few seconds. I can't wait for the day he can sit unassisted! He rolls over when he wants and has started to do it in the crib. Matt and I have found him on his belly a few times. 

We are so in love with this little guy and wish we were closer to family to share these moments with you all but this will have to do for now. I will try and update once a week with pics and video too! 


3 comments:

  1. WOW, Annie, so impressed!! you are amazing!!! Thanks for all the updates ! We have watched the videos multiple times Sawyer you are soooo cute!

    Loves loves
    Nana D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I can now keep up on a more regular basis with my lovely Davidson family!!

    ReplyDelete