Monday, May 27, 2013

Nani & Grandpas

Last week the family took a trip to El Dorado Hills for a visit to Nani and Grandpas! This was Sawyers 4th time to Sacramento and his 3rd time flying. He did an awesome job and it was much easier with Matt there this time. Now that Sawyer is less fussy and more predictable we were able to get out and do a few things. Matt got to golf a few times and we enjoyed a date night! We also got 6 month photos of Sawyer taken, which I cannot wait to see! It was a great trip and Sawyer and I will be back again in July. I will be going to a friends baby shower and it will be the first time he will be away from me for more than 3 hrs :/

The latest and greatest about Sawyer...his naps are getting longer and last night he SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I am not talking 5 hrs straight I am talking 12 hrs straight!!!!! It took 6 months and 1 week but he did it! I am realistic and know it probably won't happen tonight but it's nice to know he is capable of doing it. He has discovered that smacking his lips makes a noise and whenever Matt or I do it he will do it too. It's pretty cute. He is sitting unassisted fairly well. I don't leave him there yet but I sit right behind him and he rarely needs me. Because he can sit up, the instructor at Gymboree said he is ready for level 2! My son the graduate, so proud!

He is starting to get the hang of the walk-about but he uses both feet to push off instead of one foot in front of the other.We went to dinner a few nights ago with friends and Sawyer sat in a highchair for the first time! It's a great option for when we go out, I always questioned what the heck do I put him in and now that the infant car seat is gone the only other option was to hold him. We tried the cart at target the other day but he was not really a fan unless I was pushing him and then that got old and he wanted out. I am hoping eventually he can handle a trip to the store in the cart the whole time, grocery shopping would be so much easier.

Sawyer is starting to really like people and hams it up in front of anyone who will give him attention. If they don't give him attention, he will squawk and scream until they do. I get comments from strangers often that he is the happiest baby and I just laugh! It's true he is but it's if they only knew what months 0-4 were like haha We sure love our little man!
Bath time at Nani's

Ready for Level 2

Picture Day

The Wiggler

Crab Hat Cuteness

Bedtime Stories

Half a year! What?!

1 comment: